Thursday, August 26, 2010

Just Due It.

Today's my due date and we're not expecting our little bundle of joy any time soon. He's pretty content and as my doctor likes to say, "he just loves his little home in there!"
The best part is that Mike and I know that each day could be the last one before he's here. This has made us really appreciate each other and the time we have to commit our attention to our relationship.
The worst part of course is people asking me when I'm due and then thinking its such a negative thing that I haven't had him yet. It's almost enough to make me not go in public and to stay home from work. But I can tough it out :o) It's just a date, it doesn't mean that much in reality and my doctor will let me go two weeks over. I have my own date set in my head and I'm hoping for September 1st so we can share the same birth month!
I still feel great, my workouts have slowed down a bit and taken a backseat to the errands and last minute prep that needs done around the house. I feel great every day and I keep wondering to myself, how will I know when I get that "burst of energy" sign that everyone talks about? I feel energetic every day! So I keep thinking... is this it? Is this real energy or burst-of-energy
energy??
I also think, geez the longer he's in there the bigger he gets! And I still have to push this guy out!
That's something to be a little nervous about.
I'm thankful for my friends. The advice and the kind words of encouragement and support. They make me feel strong and able. They tell me how great I look and how great I'm doing (that never gets old!!) I enjoy getting advice and tips from people I respect, and of course I respect my friends *wink*.
I'm running out of things to wear. Almost nothing is long enough now- I've got this giant belly that is quite humorous and still makes Mike laugh even tho we both see it every day. It's still a shock!
Watch out world because I look forward to bouncing back!
These were fun pictures to take (I actually took them at 39 wks) 200
9 and 2010.
Triathlon body and baby body!! I did notice one difference... I'm so white!

So don't worry about me. The baby has a healthy strong and fast heartbeat and I feel great. Each week when I see my doctor we've made a little more progress. He's just slowly coming around to the idea

Besides the upcoming event we are so looking forward to, we are also focusing energy on praying for the health of our loved ones.
We only wish we could be closer. Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment