Friday, July 16, 2010

32 Weeks - Trip to the west!











Our trip to Salt Lake was so wonderful! On Friday night Clark and Christy threw a little get together and so many of our good friends were able to make it. It was nice to see them and catch up a little :o)
Saturday morning I got to spend time with Amy Still- I finally got to see Ella again who is now 3 years old- it's amazing to remember the days when I used to be her nanny. I watched her from the time she was 3 months old to the time she was 11 months (when we moved to OKC). She grew so much in that time and so did I. It was a time in my life that I really needed something new that was just mine - something that made me important.
Ella now has a baby brother who will be a year old in August, his name is Emerson. It was fun to meet him and see how different he is from Ella. Amy was wonderful to talk to and ask questions - her and Monte are awesome parents that Mike and I both admire.

Saturday morning we drove to Green River, WY to see my family! My mom had a get together that afternoon in her back yard and the turnout was so great! It really made me feel special how many people came, especially those who had to travel. Nic, my bestest life-long friend, came with her two kids Adrianna (9) and Aiden (5 months). I really don't get to see them enough!
My mom was beaming the whole time, of course. I sometimes wondered who the party was really for *wink*
Sunday Mike took my mom and Mark to the golf course for a half a round *grin* the original plan was to hit some balls on the driving range but that was unavailable so they let them play 4 holes and my sister, Jessie, drove me around in the golf cart. We had a lot of fun spectating! I'd have to say it was one of the best highlights of the trip!
Oh yes, and Mike kicking my butt at "Scene it, Friends". An unexpected surprise- sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment