Sunday, July 18, 2010

34 weeks *Work Shower *



Friday was my baby shower at work. A huge thanks to Emily, Janice and Carrie. Wow... it was so amazing!
I'm sitting there, working along and minding my own business and they're trying to figure out how to decorate the conference room where my shower will be held without ruining the surprise for me. Option 1, sign out of my computer and go back to Emily's desk to work. Option 2, set binders up to block my view of the conference room (binder-blinders!). We chose the latter, which was quite funny, but, so very worth it!!
When I walked in I just wanted to melt. everything matched my brown and blue argyle themed nursery.
There were cutout onesies hanging from clothes pins and strun
g across one wall. The table littered with blue "Its a boy" confetti, a 3 tiered tower of rolled and tied diapers with ribbon and decorated with mini bottles of baby toiletry items :o) white napkins individually hand stamped with blue silhouettes of a pregnant mommy. Dishes of my favorite fruits... party punch (the best!) and of course.... my long awaited and much anticipated cake!
Emily is a talented cake decorator and mine turned out exceptional.
It's funny how you can wait for something for so long- and it always feels lik
e its so far away. Then, suddenly one day its here and gone in what seems like a blink. Doesn't seem very fair! My consolation is that I have pictures to remember it by.
Mike came and we enjoyed opening all the gifts together. I love how people can really make you feel special. It's humbling to see people go through so much effort just for me and can make me wonder if I really deserve it all.
And then how do I show my appreciation? I'll have to think of something really great to thank Emily. Suggestions are welcome!
We came home and then spent the evening and a lot of time on Saturday in the nursery going through everything again, putting the new things away, rearranged a little, and then relaxed. It's such a cool room to sit in and think about the future. It gives me hope, makes me feel calm, inspires dreams and sometimes makes me feel a little anxious :o) We are six weeks from our due date which sometimes feels like plenty of time and other times feels like not enough.

Now that we've had our final shower it feels like things are wrapping themselves up and it's almost time to close this chapter and move on. Does that mean I'll be bored for six weeks?? :o)

1 comment:

  1. "mmmm...cheese!"

    love the blog, just so you know someone is following it!! :)

    em

    ReplyDelete