Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Joy to the World

Christmas time is so much fun! It feels like the 12 days of Christmas around here. We have been receiving packages from family all around the country and I'm starting to get really antsy to see what everything will be!
Mike's parents have sent multiple shipments- some unwrapped, but I helped and wrapped them when we got them. Except for the 24 pack of dark chocolate Reeses cups that I received. Yum!
I guess you could say I've been unwrapping quite a few of those! I also had a box show up from my dad in Florida. 3 little boxes for Reed. I box with multiple gifts for Reed from Mike's brother, David. My mom brought a crystal ornament for Reed engraved with his full name and birth info. It's very sweet and will be special to us and him forever.
Reed's Uncle Coy and his girlfriend Cory sent a couple of gifts! We have more presents under the tree than I've had ever since I moved out of my mom's house!
I imagine that Reed won't really understand of course- but I'm sure he'll enjoy watching and listening to us rip the paper off. He gets fascinated by the funniest things. Sometimes when I put him in his exersaucer, he just looks so busy! As if, he was waiting all day for me to put him in there so he could get his stuff done in there. And its very intense- he's only got a short amount of time to do it before he runs out of energy. That's the best way to really wear him out. Usually after spending any amount of time in the exersaucer he will crash for a nap almost immediately thereafter!
I'm overcome with love and warmth this holiday season. I feel like it's the beginning. I have a family of my own and a reason to celebrate! I'm so excited for what Christmas and the holidays mean now and what's in store for each coming year.
Thank you to all of our friends and family who are so special to us. So many people have touched our lives and our hearts. Past and present we are grateful for what we learned from knowing you.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment