Saturday, November 19, 2011

The one where Reed gets a new bed

Our little Reedster is in the transition phase from crib to toddler bed and boy is he excited about it!  Our hope was to move him before he started climbing out of his crib.  He's had his bed now for over a week and sleeps in it for naps every couple of days.  If he is fighting the nap then he has to be in the crib because he's trapped and will eventually lay down.
On Thursday, Reed fell asleep in the car so I put him in his bed to nap.  After two and a half hours, I was in the office doing some homework and I heard the handle of his door turn and then the tiny shuffle of his feet.  When I saw him in the hallway my heart immediately melted into a puddle!  He had a smile spread across his face and his Tigger tucked into his arms as he toddled toward me.  I couldn't help but swoop to the floor to squeeze my tiny man in my arms.
Like I said, we are in transition, so we'll see how long it takes Reed to be officially moved over.  He sleeps on a small cot at school and does really well, usually 2+ hour naps.  I don't think it will be much longer before his crib is officially retired!

No comments:

Post a Comment